Thursday 22 September 2016

Induction - Music Article Evaluation


The music article I created is based on Grime music. Grime is music genre founder in the Uk. My music article is also based on the digital magazine RWD, which focusses on young rap/grime artists. Gathering research for this genre did not take too long to find, as I’m already familiar and really passionate about Grime music anyway, so I already knew a bit about the industry. The 5 songs I mentioned in my music article was ‘Do It for The Gang’ by Krept & Konan, ‘Uno My Style’ by Big Tobz, ‘New Wavin’ by Baseman & Shocktown, ‘Shut up’ by Stormzy and ‘This Is England’ by Kano - who are all British Grime artists.
The skills I learnt through InDesign were very useful but as It was my first time using the software, took me a while to get the hang of its features.
The skills I learnt through InDesign is how to do a drop cap for the beginning letter of the first word in an article — which is an effective way to start an article as it makes the who article and the first word stand out.
I learnt how to edit pictures into my article by dragging the mouse when tapping a square button with a cross through it, onto the area I want the image to be placed.
I learnt to create a double page spread layout by splitting the page in half by creating a line in the exact middle of the page — the line is not visible when the article is then printed out. This is useful as a guide line for placing images and text.
I learnt how to create columns as a template for the text to be displayed, to make my article more professional and neat.
What I would like to improve on when I create my own article again using InDesign is, the uses of colours for the background. I struggled with deciding what colours to uses for the background of my article that will compliment and go well with my article. I experimented with a lot of colours for my article, but then stuck to a black background with white coloured font for the text.
I hope to also improve in the structure of the text and images in my article, as I had trouble with arranging pictures into my article and then where to place the text.  


No comments:

Post a Comment